Sunday, March 9, 2014

In Gold We Trust pt. 2


Forrest, the lovely provider that he is, went out of town for a job interview in Las Vegas. While he was gone I decided to take advantage of the time to myself and do what I do best... Craft! It has become an obsession recently to make my apartment as polished and pretty as I can possibly make it. I blame pinterest. 

I'll let you in on a little secret. I'm not creative. I am very good at replicating what I see. I did not dream these up all on my own, I just recreated. The first is a canvas I found at DI. I was going to use a canvas I already had, but I kind of ruined it by taking buttons off that I previously hot glued on there. Thank goodness I found a canvas for three dollars!


It was pretty simple and it looks great. My style has changed a lot since we first got married. I have evolved to liking clean, a little but more modern, and simple style. And as you can see I also now love gold. I have been fortunate to find ideas off of pinterest that I can execute at a reasonable price, which is good since we are living on a tight budget!


Another one of my projects included decorating some cute onesies for a baby shower for my old roommate. This is one of my favorite ideas because I found a 5-pack of onesies for 10 bucks, and decorated them with things that Alexa and I already had! (fabric scraps and paint mostly)


The gold was a little bit darker than I wanted and the pink pen was way to bright for my taste, but it all turned out well in the end. I know I'll be in trouble when I have a baby because I'm going to be making onesies all the time! Also, I'll be decorating the nursery all the time as well. I just can't stop.

I'll post when we figure out the news about Las Vegas! Until then we'll be praying for good news!


No comments:

Post a Comment